Sunday, January 9, 2011

Currently reading...

Two books in progress:

First of all, still working on Fortey's Trilobite! It's very good, although just a bit dense in places. That means I need to take breaks from it occasionally.

So, I'm also reading The Miracle Detective: An Investigation of Holy Visions, by Randall Sullivan (Atlantic Monthly Press, 2004; 450 pages. I'm only about 50 pages into this book about how the Vatican investigates miracles and visitations. Quite interesting so far. I never knew that they classify miracles as either medical, physical or moral. Pretty much only the medical miracles count toward canonization of saints, at least since the last century.

My goal is to finish both during the coming week. We'll see how that works out in a full work week. I got spoiled, having so many days off during the holidays. I actually had time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment