Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday night update...

Which I started by publishing just the title. This does not bode well.

Anyway, what I started to write was that it took me a few days after returning from the con to get back into reading mode. But I am back and finished Dexter Is Delicious this afternoon. Good book; relaxing fiction, if a little grotesque. If you've ever seen the TV series, you alraedy know that. I'll probably have more to say about this one soon, but it's late and I should be going to sleep soon.

The other update is that I was very good and didn't spend any money at all in the dealer's room at Gallifrey. This does not mean that I didn't come back with a book. I was given a copy of The Mythological Dimension of Doctor Who (2010, Kitsune Books; 248 pages), edited by Anthony S. Burdge, Jessica Burke and Kristine Larsen. It is a series of essays about the relation of the British television series Doctor Who and its spinoffs, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures. It looks like it might be interesting and is definitely on my to-read list for the not-too-distant future.

However, I've got to try to finish up Claim of Privilege. I've also got to find some more fiction to read; it was a nice change of pace to read the Dexter novel. But, like I said, more about that later. Right now I've got a seven o'clock alarm waiting for me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment